Monday, January 24, 2011

Start of our 5th Edition of The Biggest Loser

Question: What is yellow, green, black, brown, garnet, purple, red and pink and weighs 16,010 pounds???

Answer:  Our 8 teams that make up the 5th group of Biggest Losers!

How much weight will be lost this time. I am going to get all the teams to give me a "goal" weight that they would like to be at the end of our 12 week program and I will keep you updated after each mandatory weigh in. The next one will be February 20! And the first group met this morning at 5:30am! Ouch! Go Garnet team!

You know? As a health club owner I have ALWAYS pondered the question, "Why don't overweight, de-conditioned people join health clubs? For the most part "in shape, fit" people join gyms. As much as we are here for the athlete and/or fitness enthusiast, it is the de-conditioned person that needs it the most and the ones that we want so badly to help! How do we convince them that we are the place for them?

I have always had a passion for health and physical fitness and although I have pondered the question mentioned above, our club, our marketing and special programs have been way off! It is naturally assumed that all "gyms" have free weights, personal training, group exercise classes, etc, but what does that do to bring the de-conditioned inside our club? There is still that intimidation factor, the "will I fit in" question, the question of "where to I even begin?"

Well, I finally figured it out! Our very own Biggest Loser weight loss program!!! Thanks to this we are literally changing people's lives! Even saving some I am certain of it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited and pumped to be participating in the "Biggest Loser" at Hampton Hill. I jave a great Trainer, Fulton and he is all business about getting the pounds off, working you hard, teaching you how to keep them off and motivating you to get these things done. The atmosphere at HHAC is amazing, and the "BIGGEST LOSERS" are in the place! Let's do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete