Monday, January 31, 2011

1 WEEK DOWN, 11 TO GO!!!

Well, it's been a bit over a week now and I am hearing great things so far with our Biggest Losers! Someone told me this morning that he has already lost 9 pounds! 9 pounds!!! That's great! Please share more successes, obstacles, etc!!

As you may or may not know, one of the first challenges for our Biggest Loser's is to do 12 of the 12 types of classes that we offer over the first 4 weeks! That may not seem like a lot to you BUT when you add that on top of meeting with their team mates for a minimum of 2 workouts per week that adds up! PLUS, I have worked out for over 25 years and there are STILL some of the classes that I have never even attempted! I know I should, but I have not! Pilate's?? Hot Yoga?? I am a "runner" at heart and NEED those classes more than anything but just have not brought myself to it! I WILL though!

I have another confession to make...I am a bit nervous about the run I am getting ready to venture out on in the next few minutes. The last time I ran was December 3rd! I developed a shoulder injury. How? I don't know but I did! No, that didn't keep me from "running" but with the stress of the holidays, kids, the injury, I decided to take the month off of EVERYTHING. Well, much to my surprise I had an MRI on my shoulder and had a full thickness tear in my rotator cuff! Heavens! Long story short, my friend/Dr Evan Ekman, successfully repaired my shoulder on January 11 and said to plan on ANOTHER month of doing NOTHING! Thursday will be February 3rd. 2 MONTHS since I last worked out! I haven't done that in at least 25 years! I will be back in the gym with you guys soon! I am planning on doing Lucy's spin class on Wednesday morning too! Think I'll be sore by the end of this week?!

Well, wish me luck and best of luck to you too as you continue on your journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment